Friday, January 23, 2009

1/21/09 - Week 1 - How have particular assessments or tests infleunced your life?

How have particular assessments or tests influenced your life?

I suspect every stage of my professional life has been influenced by assessments or tests starting from my elementary school education, high school SATs, exams in college, the GMAT, through my graduate doctoral thesis and my post doctoral experience. During my course in industry, assessments took a different personna - namely, deadlines, progress reports, adherence to milestones, and performance reviews. When I moved into the consulting world my assessment was based on number and type of large biotech and pharma accounts I brought to our firm - growth of this business. My entry to the world of education brought new forms of assessment such as the Praxis exams for certification, BEST in CT, curricular pacing and completion, performance reviews through observations and PIPs, to name afew. Each assessment opened the door to the next stage in my life. For example, my assessments in the pharma industry led to an internal position to review new technologies as a lead in to developing joint ventures. As the position matured further assessments such as the growth of this business made me attactive to a separate consulting firm that brought new technologies to the foreground for all pharma/biotech companies through such joint research ventures. Each new position and promotion was based on an assessment of my previous performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment